- Meeting held between a2i and KUET
August 06, 2017
Memorandum of Understanding (Mou) Meeting has been held on 06 August, 2017 at 03.00pm-4.00pm at a2i Meeting Room of Hon’ble Prime Minister Office in Dhaka. In the meeting, the expert of Access to Information (a2i) Programme, provide an overview of a2i Programme and highlighted the need and scope of work for a MoU between a2i Programme and Khulna University of Engineering & Technology (KUET). Following this discussion, Vice-Chancellor of KUET Prof. Dr. Muhammed Alamgir stressed the need for signing an MoU so that both parties can conduct research in their interested area. Also there was an open discussion, where other participants provided their thoughtful insights. In the meeting the other participants were the Registrar of KUET G. M. Shahidul Alam, Documentation Expert of a2i Programme Md. Mostafizur Rahman Khan, Development Associate of a2i Programme Mohammad Rafiqul Islam, Research Assistant of a2i Programme Md. Ashraful Islam and Anika Jahan Elma.
The following topics were the objectives of the meeting :
- Discuss scope of activities to sign a MoU between a2i Programme and KUET.
- Identify possible areas of research and collaboration.
- Schedule a tentative date for signing MoU.
The following topics has come up from the open discussion episode :
- KUET shared their views, ideas and areas of interest in research and programmes that may benefit to both a2i and KUET.
- They have appreciated the internship programme and suggested to open one or two year scholarship programme for M.Sc and PhD students on a specific topic.
- They were willing to identify some specific areas of research where they can work in collaboration with a2i Programme.
- At the end of the meeting, an approximate date was fixed. That is -4th week of August, 2017.
- (v) a2i participants underpinned on joint programmes and research between a2i and KUET.