Consultancy, Research and Testing Services (CRTS) in Civil Engineering Department, a leading consulting platform having more than thirty experts in various fields of Civil Engineering, has been satisfying the demand of various engineering problems of the nation by providing services of international standard. Highly qualified and diversely experienced consultants of various fields of Civil Engineering such as Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Project Planning & Management and Geoenvironmental Engineering have been involved in solving various engineering problems. Wide ranges of quality control testing facilities are also available for materials used in the Civil Engineering constructions. Expert consultancy services ranging from the analysis, design, construction and rehabilitation of buildings, bridges and other structures, diagnosis, retrofitting, restoration and protection of reinforced concrete and masonry structures using advanced techniques are regularly performed at CRTS (Civil). In the quality parameterization of water and waste water, as an engineering university in south-west part of Bangladesh, it has been playing a vital role in providing technological support in solving acute water supplying problems in this region. The highly compressible soil in this region is a great regional concern for Civil Engineering infrastructure construction. Geotechnical experts in this department are involved in continuous research and consultancy services in solving the foundation problems.
The consultant team of CRTS (Civil) has been involved in the following major works:
1. Feasibility study of Multi-level Car Parking, Four Layer Container Storage Yard, Container Delivery Yard, Jetty, Mongla Port, Khulna.
2. Feasibility study of proposed Khan Jahan Ali Airport, Bagerhat, Khulna.
3. Structural design of several high rise buildings in Khulna region.
4. Structural health and safety assessment (preliminary and detail) of Commercial/Factory/Residential buildings and of several Bridges in Khulna region.
Beside these, following works are frequently carried out:
1. Pile Integrity Test (PIT), Pile and plate load tests
2. Sub-soil investigations
3. Concrete mix design, Pavement design and Tubewell design