Welcome and thank you for taking time to visit my website. I am, Dr. K. M. Azharul Hasan, professor Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Khulna University of Engineering & Technology (KUET), Khulna, Bangladesh. CSE is one of the leading engineering departments of KUET and has a countrywide and global reputation for its dynamic teaching and learning environment, research capabilities, orientation with the industries and excellent graduate records.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering (B. Sc. Engg.): In Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) from Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh in 1999. Awarded University gold medal.
Master of Engineering (M. Engg.): In Computer Science and Information management (CSIM) from Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand in 2002.
Doctor of Engineering (D. Engg.): In System Design Engineering. (Information Science) from University of Fukui, Japan in 2006.
Course Conducted (Undergraduate): CSE 1100: Introduction to Computer Systems; CSE 3109: Database Systems; CSE 3101: Theory of Computation; CSE 3211: Compiler Design; CSE 4239: Data Mining.
Course Conducted (Post Graduate): CSE 6221: Advanced Database Systems; CSE 6225: Data Warehousing and Mining.
I am glad supervising following post graduate students
● Sk. Masudul Ahsan ( Now, Associate professor, Dept. of CSE, KUET )
● Md. Rakibul Islam (Now, Sub divisional Engineer, WZPDC Ltd. Bangladesh )
● Md. Abu Hanif Sheikh (Now, Pursuing Ph.D. Vrije University Brussels, Belgium )
● Mehnuma Tabassum Omar ( Now, Assistant professor, Dept. of CSE, KUET)
● Md. Ashiq Mahmud
● Rejwana Tasnim Rimi
● Professor, Department of CSE, KUET (Since July 28, 2011)
● Additional Director, Institutional Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), KUET (December 04, 2016 to till)
● Head, Department of CSE, KUET (November, 2009 – November, 2013)
● Member IEEE and IEEE computer Society. Membership No. 91163002 Fellow Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB). Fellowship No. 11515.
● Project Manager: “Enhancing the Teaching, Learning and Research Capabilities through Library System Automation” (CP No.435, Contact No. 68/2010, 29/12/2010) under Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project (HEQEP) of UGC. Completed.
● Organizing co-chair EICT 2013,
● Organizing Secretary EICT 2015
● TPC member/ Reviewer: EICt 2017, ICCIDM, ICIEV, IFOST, EICT, PDCAT, ICECE, ICEiCT
In the areas of Big Data Technologies and High Performance Computing.
Specific Research Interest
● Big Data
● High Performance Computing
● GPU Computing
● Data Warehousing and Mining
● Dynamic and Flexible Data structures
● Parallel and Distributed databases
● Bangla Language Processing
Current Research Project
● Computing higher dimensional data on GPU
My full list of publications can be found here